- This event has passed.
Fall Migration Bird Walk
Saturday, October 9 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 amFree
Members only–free. Registration required. To RSVP, please scroll down. The day before the walk, a confirmation email with additional details will be sent to registered attendees.
David Baker will lead our intrepid group of birders and birder wannabes to see what’s happening with the fall bird migration. We will hopefully get a chance to be confused by “confusing fall warblers” along with other woodland birds, sparrows and maybe a few early migrating ducks. Dress for the weather and bring binoculars if you have them!
Installed in the summer of 2021, an 8-ft wide ADA accessible paved path loops through the natural area and provides opportunities to view birds in prairie, shrubland, and woodland habitats.
To join this in-person event:
- Registration required
- Masks are optional for fully vaccinated individuals.
- Unvaccinated and immunocompromised individuals should wear a mask.
- Attendees who feel ill should stay home.
- Reservations required for all events.
- For virtual programs, links will be sent to registered attendees via email the day before the event.
- For in-person programs, The Village Chicago aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.