- This event has passed.
Frank Lloyd Wright Homes Walking Tour
Wednesday, September 1, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Members & guests–free. To RSVP, please scroll down. The day before the event, registered attendees will receive a confirmation email with additional details about the event and meeting location.
Join Village member Frank Chale, a former Chicago Architecture Foundation docent, for a one hour walking tour in Oak Park, beginning at the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio and ending at Unity Temple. Among the twelve homes on the walking tour, notable houses include the Arthur Heurtley House, the Laura Gale House, and the Frank Thomas House.
At the end of the tour, attendees may enjoy a self-hosted lunch (location to be determined). This walking tour will not include any indoor stops, and the route is ADA accessible. The meeting location is a 15 minute walk from the nearest CTA Green Line station in Oak Park.
To join this in-person event:
- Masks are optional for fully vaccinated individuals.
- Unvaccinated and immunocompromised individuals should wear a mask.
- Attendees who feel ill should stay home.
- Reservations required for all events.
- For virtual programs, links will be sent to registered attendees via email the day before the event.
- For in-person programs, The Village Chicago aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.