- This event has passed.
Front Porch Discussion Group – Post-Pandemic Employment Recovery
Wednesday, June 9, 2021 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pmFree
Members only–free. To RSVP, please scroll down. The day before the event, registered attendees will receive a confirmation email with the pre-reading materials and a link to join via Zoom.
Please note: this discussion was originally scheduled to take place in May but has been changed to June 9. Meetings will now be monthly on the second Wednesday, from 4:30–6 PM via Zoom.
This program is presented by the Village Near North Circle, but is open to any members of the Village. Want to recapture a little of the old days, when you could sit on the front porch, talk with your friends, and meet your new neighbors? The Front Porch Discussion Group will bring a little of that feeling to our currently isolated life situations. Members connect with each other virtually through Zoom and discuss a topic of general interest. The meeting is designed so you also can meet some new virtual neighbors and get more human-to-human contact.
- Are the extra unemployment payments delaying a recovery of unemployment?
- Do we think we can recover to the pre-pandemic unemployment levels, despite small business closures?
- How long before we reach “normal” unemployment levels again?
- How much would a coronavirus resurgence delay affect unemployment levels?
- Is Joe Biden’s recovery plan likely to work?
The discussions are all casual; specialized knowledge is not required. Come and increase your human-to-human connections during these exceptional times. Pre-registration is mandatory and space is limited to 20 members.
- Reservations required for all events.
- For virtual programs, links will be sent to registered attendees via email the day before the event.
- For in-person programs, The Village Chicago aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.