- This event has passed.
Guided Tour of City on Fire: Chicago 1871 Presented by the Village Men’s Group
Wednesday, November 10 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
Members & guests–$21. The deadline to register for the tour has now passed–but members and guests can still RSVP for the meeting and self-hosted lunch following the tour @ 11:30 AM (no entry fee required).
To RSVP for the MEETING ONLY, please email email@example.com. This event is hosted by the Village Men’s Group, but it is open to men, women, and guests of the Village.
A rapidly growing city built of wood. A summer-long heat wave. An exhausted and misdirected team of firefighters. Racial, social, and economic tensions bubbling just below the surface. All Chicago needed was a spark.
The newest exhibition at the Chicago History Museum, City on Fire: Chicago 1871, is now open — see a preview here! Join the Men’s Group for a private docent-led tour to learn, explore, and discover the impact the Great Chicago Fire had on the city and the people who lived here. This tour is accessible and seating is located throughout the exhibition for breaks.
Men’s Group Meeting to Follow
Following the private guided tour, attendees are invited to join the Men’s Group at 11:30 AM for discussion in the Guild Room (located next to the museum café) and a self-hosted lunch. In addition to catching up face-to-face, this meeting will be a discussion about the mission, goals, and future programming of the Village Men’s Group.
This event (the tour and meeting) is hosted by the Village Men’s Group, but it is open to men, women, and guests of the Village.
Visitor Safety Guide
- As per city of Chicago guidelines, CHM requires all visitors over age 2 and staff to wear a mask while inside the Museum.
- If you are feeling ill, please do not attend.
- Reservations required for all events.
- For virtual programs, links will be sent to registered attendees via email the day before the event.
- For in-person programs, The Village Chicago aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.