- This event has passed.
Happy Hour and Book Exchange Hosted by the Near North Circle
Friday, March 4, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pmFree
Members & guests–free (refreshments self-hosted). To RSVP, please scroll down. All attendees must show proof of vaccination, wear a mask, and must bring two books for the exchange
Join the Village Near North Circle for a Book Exchange / Meet & Greet at the very spacious Aster Hall 6th floor lounge (pictured at right). Each person is requested to bring 2 books. Attendees will exchange one book — then put their second book into a “mystery box” for everyone to pick a blind selection! Drinks and refreshments will be self-hosted from the bar. Head home with two new books, and perhaps some new friends!
This program is presented by the Village Near North Circle, but is open to any members of the Village–neighbors, friends, and friends not yet introduced.
- The Village Chicago requests all attendees be up to date on vaccines and boosters to attend.
- Per local and state guidelines (as of 2.28.22), masks are optional.
- Masks are encouraged for immunocompromised individuals.
- If you are feeling ill, please do not attend.
- Reservations required for all events.
- For virtual programs, links will be sent to registered attendees via email the day before the event.
- For in-person programs, The Village Chicago aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.