- This event has passed.
Lurie Garden Tour
Thursday, July 8, 2021 @ 10:15 am - 11:15 amFree
Members & guests–free. Registration required. To RSVP, please scroll down. The day before the event, a confirmation email will be sent to registered attendees with additional details.
Chicago is beautiful in the summer, and there’s no better way to enjoy it than a horticultural tour of the Lurie Garden in Millennium Park. An urban model of responsible horticulture, the garden provides a healthy habitat for a wide variety of plants, animals, and insects. It is a leader in landscape architecture, garden design, and provides space for engaging educational activities and events. Lurie Garden Head Horticulturist, Kathryn Deery, will guide us in understanding the overall design of the Garden and its magnificent variety of plants.
Our tour will be enhanced as we will be surrounded by glorious music while the Grant Park Orchestra will be rehearsing in the background for its next concert. To learn more about the Lurie Garden click here. Following the tour, attendees are welcome to join a self-hosted lunch at a nearby venue to be announced.
The Program Committee and the Life 3.0 Committee are partnering in organizing the visit to the Lurie Garden. The tour will be ADA accessible. RSVP required for all attendees and guests — space is limited!
To join this in–person event:
- Registration is required (including guests).
- Unvaccinated attendees should wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- If you are unvaccinated and have recently traveled out of state in the last week, you should not attend.
- Attendees who feel ill should stay home.
- Reservations required for all events.
- For virtual programs, links will be sent to registered attendees via email the day before the event.
- For in-person programs, The Village Chicago aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.