- This event has passed.
(NEW!) Support Group for Family Care-Partners
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Members & guests–free (includes required workbook that we will arrange for you to receive prior to the start of the series). Registration deadline for this 10-week series is Thursday, May 20. The series start date and meeting day/time to be determined based on preferences of the group.
Virtual Support Group Now Sponsored by Artis Senior Living of Lakeview!
Thanks to the generosity of Artis, all participation fees are waived and copies of the workbook will be mailed to all members of the group for FREE.
Are you caring for a loved one with cognitive loss, or a neurodegenerative disease?
- Connect with others & establish sustainable support. Care partnering is stressful and can be isolating–grow your network.
- Explore coping, reacting and adapting to the many changes of providing care for a loved one.
- Learn from others and gain a better understanding of your loved ones’ challenges.
- Become a more effective care partner.
Meetings will be via Zoom, 90 minutes long, for 10 weeks (to be followed by regularly scheduled maintenance meetings).
A Village Member Testimonial: “I found the caregivers’ group both interesting and informative. The best part, however, was the support I felt from both the group leader and fellow participants. Our group has continued to meet weekly now that the 10-week program has ended. I am very grateful for the connection I feel to our group and look forward to the time when we can get together in person.”
This new group will have a max of 12 participants. If interested, please register by May 20, 2021 by contacting Jen Hurd at [email protected] We will be sure to provide you with further information once the group is formed.
- Reservations required for all events.
- For virtual programs, links will be sent to registered attendees via email the day before the event.
- For in-person programs, The Village Chicago aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.