- This event has passed.
Support Group for Family Care-Partners
Thursday, February 4, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until Friday, February 5, 2021
Members & guests–$25 (includes required workbook that we will arrange for you to receive prior to the start of the series). For questions or to join, please contact Jen Hurd at jhurd [@] thevillagechicago.org.
Are you caring for a loved one with cognitive loss, or a neurodegenerative disease? This support group will help you to:
- Connect with others and establish sustainable support.
- Care partnering is stressful and can be isolating–grow your network.
- Explore coping, reacting and adapting to the many changes of providing care for a loved one.
- Learn from others and gain a better understanding of your loved ones’ challenges.
- Become a more effective care partner.
Meetings will be via Zoom, 90 minutes long, for 10 weeks (to be followed by regularly scheduled maintenance meetings).
- Reservations required for all events.
- For virtual programs, links will be sent to registered attendees via email the day before the event.
- For in-person programs, The Village Chicago aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.