- This event has passed.
Villages at the Walnut Room
Wednesday, March 20, 2019 @ 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Members & guests–$31 (Includes meal, tax and tip). To register, click here or call the Village office at 773.248.8700.
This program was previously scheduled to take place on January 30, 2019. Due to extreme weather conditions, the program has been rescheduled for Wednesday, March 20. The world-famous and iconic Walnut Room was the first restaurant ever opened in a department store – Marshall Fields. With Circassian wood paneling imported from Russia and Austrian chandeliers, the dining room is both elegant and comfortable. The Walnut Room is known for its Classic Mrs. Herring’s 1890 Chicken Pot Pie. Our evening will begin with a presentation from Sam Guard (of Chicago Hyde Park Village). A long time Hyde Parker, he has an interest and passion for the history of Chicago landmark buildings and is an engaging storyteller, to say the least. At the time of registration, please choose from three entrées:
- Mrs. Herring’s 1890 Original Chicken Pot Pie
- Caramelized Salmon
- Butternut Squash Tortellacci Pasta (vegetarian)
Alcoholic drinks, bread rolls, and desserts are self-hosted.
- Reservations required for all events.
- For virtual programs, links will be sent to registered attendees via email the day before the event.
- For in-person programs, The Village Chicago aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.