- This event has passed.
Weekly Bike Rides Along the Lake
Wednesday, August 11 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Members & guests–free. To RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The day before each ride, registered attendees will receive a confirmation email with additional details about the event and meeting location. Join for one ride, or come every week!
Join a new weekly bike ride along the lakefront with Village members and guests! Every Tuesday, enjoy an approximately 5 mile ride, beginning and ending at the same meeting location south of Foster Beach. Free parking is available east of Lake Shore Drive on N Simonds Drive between Lawrence and Foster Avenues. The lamp poles have numbers on them, and the group will meet near lamp post #SD5102 (meeting location and route shown on the map at right).
The group will then ride south to the mouth of Belmont Harbor and back to our starting location. Members are welcome to bring a beverage and a snack (and if you have a vehicle, a folding chair) for the group to enjoy upon returning to the original meeting location. If your partner or friend is not a cyclist, they might enjoy sitting in the shade overlooking the lake while the group enjoys their ride.
Bike Rentals Available
Don’t have wheels? There are two options for renting a bike near the route meeting location (rates may vary):
- Divvy station at Margate Park Fieldhouse at (4921 N Marine Dr), a short distance south of the meeting location.
- Wheel Fun Rentals located at Foster Beach (5200 N Lake Shore Dr) a short distance north of the meeting location.
- Reservations required for all events.
- For virtual programs, links will be sent to registered attendees via email the day before the event.
- For in-person programs, The Village Chicago aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.