- This event has passed.
When There Are Nine — Live! Presented by the LGBTA Committee
Friday, February 25 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Members & guests–$15 plus fees. PLEASE NOTE: Tickets MUST be purchased in advance directly from the venue. See below for instructions and RSVP with the Village after you have purchased your ticket(s).
Attention theatergoers: the LGBTA Committee invites the Village community to join them for a LIVE performance this February at Pride Films & Plays! This world premiere of When There Are Nine, by American writer Sally Deering, is a dream play in which the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg recalls the personal relationships and professional challenges she made on her life’s journey as a feminist, lawyer, and Supreme Court Justice, as she struggles to understand her legacy before it’s too late.
This event is hosted by the Village LGBTA Committee and is open to all members and their guests. Attendees are also invited to join an optional self-hosted dinner before the play, nearby at The Bar on Buena (910 W Buena Ave) @ 6 PM.
All attendees MUST show proof of vaccination and wear a mask to attend.
Instructions for Purchasing Tickets
We do not have a group reservation, so all attendees MUST purchase their tickets in advance directly from the venue.
1. Visit this link: https://www.goelevent.com/pridearts/e/WhenThereAreNine
2. Select the Friday, February 25 performance
3. Choose GENERAL ADMISSION tickets (do NOT select senior tickets)
4. Click checkout, and under DISCOUNTS add our exclusive code of Villages. You will then be able to purchase tickets for $15 + processing fees.
If you require assistance purchasing your tickets, please contact the Village office at 773.248.8700 or email [email protected]
- Reservations required for all events.
- For virtual programs, links will be sent to registered attendees via email the day before the event.
- For in-person programs, The Village Chicago aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.