Where Is the Affordable Housing for Older Adults? A Thought Leaders Panel
Wednesday, December 1 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
Members & guests–free. To RSVP, please scroll down. The day before the virtual event, a confirmation email will be sent to registered attendees with details to join via Zoom.
Is co-housing a solution? The housing crisis impacts individuals and families across the income spectrum. Join us as a panel of experts discusses strategies that can remove the barriers to finding a home in a livable, engaged community and how we can all help.
Panelists will include Earl L. Chase, Executive Director and VP of Heartland Housing, Gail Schechter, Executive Director of H.O.M.E., Britta Larson, Senior Services Director at the Center on Halsted and Donald Bell, Housing Justice Field Organizer at Jane Addams Senior Caucus.
- Shortage of affordable and livable housing
- Impact on vulnerable groups
- Housing strategies to reduce isolation and loneliness
- How this crisis effects us all
- Solutions through advocacy, public/private partnerships, and intergenerational housing
- Discussion to be followed by audience Q&A
- Reservations required for all events.
- For virtual programs, links will be sent to registered attendees via email the day before the event.
- For in-person programs, The Village Chicago aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.