What is The Village Chicago?
The Village Chicago is the city’s premier social and services network for people over 50.
We offer fun and engaging social activities where you can make friends and be a part of a larger community. We also bring together academics, authors, and experts to help you learn and grow as well as manage life transitions. And when you need extra support, we are here to connect you to expert referrals, volunteer assistance, or even just a listening ear.
At the heart of The Village Chicago is the idea of sharing your friendship, knowledge, and experience with others – as they share with you. We are a community filled with diverse, fun, interesting people who believe we are better together.
Benefits of Membership
- 300+ events per year both in-person and virtual
- Discussion groups, city outings, theater, dining, thought leader events and more
- Friend Finder – an online tool to connect you to members with similar interests (coming soon!)
- Multigenerational activities including co-mentoring, social gatherings and volunteering.
- A VIP discount program at local restaurants and retailers
- Neighborhood Circles for members who live near each other
- Click here to see our complete calendar of events
Health and Wellbeing
- Support for your physical, mental, and emotional well-being
- Exercise classes, fitness programs, walking, outdoor recreation
- Access to the expertise needed for informed health care choices
- A comprehensive brain health and memory loss program to help you and your family
- Individualized support for family caregivers and care partners
We support every member by connecting them to the experience and knowledge of the entire community.
Our services include:
- Rides from volunteer drivers to medical appointments and other essential errands
- Volunteer tech help
- A trusted resource network ranging from home health aides to repair people
- One on one consultation to address your needs
- A welcoming professional team of problem-solvers who really listen
If you are…
About to retire, wondering what’s next
Looking for companions who share your interests
Searching for ways to utilize your abilities on a committee or task force
Seeking volunteer opportunities to help older adults
New to Chicago
Worried about changing needs
An adult child with aging parents
The Village Chicago is here to support connection, purpose, and health as we live longer. By joining the Village, you are also joining a movement that is building an inclusive, age integrated Chicago. Help us celebrate the strengths of people of all ages, and together we can change the narrative on aging.
Membership Costs and Application
Membership fees are on a sliding scale based on income. Village Champions and other donors play a leadership role in ensuring that everyone can join regardless of their ability to pay.
- Reduced Fee Membership ranges from $100-$300 annually. Call 773.248.8700 or email [email protected] for more information.
- Standard Individual – $540 annually or $45 monthly
- Standard Household (two members) – $780 annually or $65 monthly
- Village Champion (Sustaining Membership) – $1000+ annually
Becoming a member is easy. Simply fill out the application here and make your membership payment. If you’d prefer a paper application, you can call the office at 773.248.8700 or email [email protected]. Payments can be made online or by calling the office. Payment plans are available upon request.