- This event has passed.
How to Make Your Home Work for You
Monday, November 7 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Members & guests–free. To RSVP, please scroll down. The day before the event, a confirmation email will be sent to registered attendees with details to join via Zoom.
- Be able to identify safety hazards in the home and the related changes to reduce risk
- Learn simple changes and modifications to make our homes an easier place to live
- Feel inspired to make changes from the ways you’ve always done things
Presented by Karrie Stanley, Occupational Therapist and owner of Vitalize Home Therapy PLLC, who provides home and community-based OT services funded through Medicare Part B. Karrie is passionate about her work with older adults and is excited to offer individualized therapy services without the barriers of more traditional healthcare models. She sees her role as a problem-solver and educator as she partners with older adults to navigate the challenges of aging in order to remain safely in the home of their choice with a lifestyle they find meaningful. Her areas of expertise include fall prevention, chronic disease self-management, community access, aging in place and dementia support. Karrie has been an OT for 21 years and holds a Bachelor’s degree in OT and Master’s degree in Disability Studies and Social Policy and is certified in LSVT BIG for Parkinson’s disease. She lives in Chicago with her husband and two children and enjoys volunteering for the local food pantry delivering groceries on weekends and traveling on school breaks on a quest to visit all the National Parks.
- Reservations required for all events.
- For virtual programs, links will be sent to registered attendees via email the day before the event.
- For in-person programs, The Village Chicago aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.